We are looking for an operations management leader for a new hotel in Killington VT, located one of the best locations the town has to offer! The GM will focus on achieving profitability through generating revenue, reaching guest experience targets, controlling operational costs, as well as growing and developing a high-performing team.
This role will have an operational focus with a need for a strong understanding of finance, sales & marketing, and operations to be successful. We are looking for someone that is obsessed with delivering amazing guest experiences and inspiring the team around them. This person will have a love for Vermont and Killington especially. We will give you the technology resources, the people, and the support – you give us the organization, the drive, the obsession. Together, we will change the game in hospitality in Killington for the better!
what you’ll do
● Build and manage a team of 10-20 members
● Closely monitor company/employee metrics and KPIs (i.e. clean ratings, net
promoter scores, employee performance metrics, etc)
● Manage P&L statements
● Manage 3rd party vendors
● Manage growth and hire new team members as needed
● Work closely with food and beverage/distillery management, and hotel
management group to improve process and success
● Daily communication with team members
● Guest interaction (i.e. responding to negative feedback)
● Cover Front Desk Shifts
● Cover any position needed
what you’ll bring
● Proven leader – You have at least 2 years experience in a management position
with a team of 5+ and responsibility for team-wide performance against qualitative and financial metrics
● Resourceful builder – Demonstrated track record of launching operations in a growing company with the metrics to prove it
● Market expert – You know the Killington area better than anyone you know!
● Adept juggler – You understand that being a GM means keeping many balls in the air at the same time and you know how to wear many hats while doing it.
● You’ve specifically led and managed growth in a boutique hotel, hospitality operation, or brand-focused B2C
● You have an advanced business degree of some sort
● BS Degree is required.
● You love all seasons that Vermont has to offer and takes full advantage of it.
● Insurance coverage
● Meaningful bonus structure
● Latest and greatest software required to perform your role
● Time Off Slow Season